This guide has not been mapped to a Group. Please select a Group for this guide.
Search Summon for articles, books, films, music and more.
Borrow & Renew
Borrow Library Materials
Through the library, Hamline students, faculty and staff have access to materials here, near and far. Hamline alumni can use print materials here at Hamline. See our Alumni & Community Services page for more details.
Here and Near
Use Summon, the library's search engine, to find materials:
- here at Hamline, in electronic or print format
- near at other CLIC libraries
When you find materials you'd like to use, you'll need the library barcode on the back of your Hamline ID to request the materials. Your library barcode begins with 20521.
A few basics about using library materials:
- When you request items, they will be held for you at the library's Central Service Desk. Most materials take 1-2 days to arrive. You'll get an email when your requested items are available for pickup.
- Most items can be renewed online. See our information on renewing items.
- You can return library materials to any CLIC library.
- You will be fined if you don't return library materials by their due date. We'll send you a reminder a few days before materials are due. You can avoid fines by renewing your materials online -- see our information on renewing items.
See our Borrowing Policies for complete details.
When you need to search beyond Hamline and CLIC libraries, use WorldCat to find items at almost any library in the world (including the University of Minnesota). You will need to request these materials through ILLiad, our interlibrary loan service.
Items borrowed from other libraries through interlibrary loan are a bit different than material from Hamline or other CLIC libraries. Different rules apply to these items:
- The library lending the items determines how long you can have them. 3-4 weeks is typical.
- Interlibrary loan materials cannot be renewed.
- You will be fined if you do not return interlibrary loan materials by their due date.
See our Interlibrary Loan Policies for complete details.
to find and borrow library materials.
Login to CLICnet to renew
items you've borrowed.
3. Avoid fines!
Return library materials by the due date!
to find materials from libraries beyond Hamline and CLIC.
to manage your inter-library loan requests from libraries beyond Hamline and CLIC.
Contact the Central Service Desk with questions:
Renew Library Materials
Items from Hamline and other CLIC libraries
These items can generally be renewed up to 2 times if no one else wants them. You can avoid fines by renewing your items.
- Go to CLICnet
- Click on My Library in the upper left and then My Account
- Login with your name and library barcode
You can find your library barcode on the back of your Hamline ID. It begins with 20521.
- You will now see a list of all the items you have checked out with a due date for each one. Select the check bow at the beginning of each of the items you'd like to renew.
- Click the Renew Marked button
If you reached the limit of how many times you can renew an item, you'll need to return the item to the library.
Interlibrary Loan Items
Interlibrary loan items cannot be renewed.