This guide has not been mapped to a Group. Please select a Group for this guide.
Off-Campus (Remote) Access
About Off-Campus Access
Our Off-Campus Access
page looks like this:
Troubleshooting off-campus access problems
See below for the most common problems users experience when trying to access library resources from off-campus.
Check the Bush Library home page to see notifications of system downtime or other issues.
The problem may be more widespread
...and we may already be working on resolving it.
If you get an error message saying, Your Username or Passphrase/Password was entered incorrectly, a number of things might be wrong:
- Enter only your Hamline username -- do not include @hamline.edu. I.e. Enter hschmicht01 NOT
- You may have mistyped your username or passphrase. Make sure you are entering your current username and passphrase.
- Your Hamline username is the account you use to access technology resources at Hamline like Blackboard, Learning House, your Google email account, the local network, the wireless network, or any computer on campus (computer labs, classrooms, or private offices). Your Hamline username originates in Piperline or Workday.
- Your Hamline passphrase is the password/passphrase associated with your Hamline username. If you do not remember your Hamline passphrase, you can reset it here.
- You’re trying to login using your Hamline email address instead of your Hamline username. Make sure you’re entering your Hamline username -- do not include @hamline.edu.
- You have a password manager installed and it is interfering with the Off-Campus Access page.
If you use your browser's password manager or an add-on password manager (e.g. LastPass, 1Password), make sure your password manager has your up-to-date Hamline passphrase.
- Your passphrase may be expired. You can reset your passphrase.
- You're trying to login using your library barcode. This login option is no longer available. Please use your Hamline Username and Passphrase.
If you continue to get a message saying your username or password/passphrase was entered incorrectly, contact the Central Service Desk for assistance.
Another option: contact Hamline's Central Service Desk or Hamline's Virtual Services Librarian if you need help troubleshooting off-campus access.