Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
FYSEM Information Literacy
First Year Seminar library instruction is designed to help you do the following:
- Find the routes to books, articles and library services on the Library Home Page
- Understand where various types of publications appear in an Information Cycle*
- Know when reference and background materials will assist your research process
- Perform multiple-term searches in HamCAT
- Differentiate among records for books and articles in HamCAT
- Locate books and full-text articles
- Evaluate the sources you uncover for:
Student competency in these skills is measured by the library tutorial, in-class activities, and assignments provided by the FYSEM professor for this course.
*Image from Thompson River University Information Cycle Guide