Hamline alumni may borrow up to 5 print items at one time from our local Bush Library collection. See our Alumni & Community Services page for more details on borrowing content from other libraries.
Use HamCAT, the library's search engine / catalog, to find materials:
A few basics
Articles are generally electronically delivered within 3 to 5 days, but can take longer depending upon the lender.
Some DVD and videos are not requestable.
When you need to search beyond Hamline and our MnPALS partner libraries, use HamCAT's "Expand My Results" checkbox in the left panel to find items at various libraries around the world (including the University of Minnesota). Search WorldCat and look for the option to "Request Item through Interlibrary Loan" links, via ILLiad. You may also use the Library of Congress Catalog to find items outside of our consortium libraries.
The lending library determines how long items are loaned. This varies from 3-12 weeks for books.
Items borrowed through the Interlibrary Loan process are a bit different than materials borrowed from Hamline or other MnPALS partner libraries. Different lending rules apply to these items:
1. Use HamCAT to find and borrow.
2. Login to HamCAT to renew items (except for ILLiad interlibrary loan items).
3. Avoid fees - Return library materials by the due date
4. Use "Add Results Beyond" in HamCAT to expand your search
5. Use ILLiad to manage your interlibrary loan requests
6. Contact the Central Service Desk with questions